UUFHC DFF Job Description
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Harford County
Director of Faith Formation
Hours: 25 hrs/week
Base Salary: $30,000/year (in keeping with Fair Compensation Standards)
Professional Expenses: $3,000/year (in keeping with Fair Compensation Standards)
Insurance Benefits: Open to negotiation
The Director of Faith Formation will lead the Faith Formation program for children and youth, working closely with the minister and members of the Faith Formation Committee to coordinate a healthy and vibrant learning community for children and youth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and implement Faith Formation programs for children and youth, connecting these programs to the mission of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Harford County.
- Recruit, support, collaborate with and manage volunteers in the Faith Formation Program.
- Serve as a Staff Team member, participating in staff meetings and other appropriate staff events.
- Foster an engaged and multiculturally-aware environment within the Faith Formation program, helping to lead our children and youth towards anti-racism.
- Prioritize the safety of the children and youth in the program and collaborate in the ongoing development of UUFHC Safe Congregations policy and procedures.
- Pursue professional development opportunities.
- The ideal candidate is organized and thoughtful in their approach, has enthusiasm for faith formation and is adept at communicating verbally and in writing. They are comfortable leading in organizations, and possess relevant educational experience.
- Values team building and collaborative work;
- Is committed to equity, multicultural competency and anti-racism;
- Has knowledge of classroom management;
- Understands and values Faith Formation within a Unitarian Universalist context;
- Is able to manage a budget.
This position offers:
- LTD and Insurance coverage
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- sick leave commensurate with other staff
- 2-4 weeks professional development time
- Paid sabbatical, one month for every year served (4-7 year cycle)
Please send resumé and letter of interest via email or mail to:
Rev. María McCabe
P.O. Box 535, Churchville, MD 21028